Accurate Diagnosis Sets the Stage for Successful Treatment
Since 1988, physicians in the Triangle have turned to Wake Radiology’s neuroradiologists for everything from the most common neurological symptoms to the most complicated cases. Our eight board-certified neuroradiologists bring their combined experience to the application of state-of-the-art techniques for imaging the brain and spine — CT, CTA, MRI, MRA and MR Spectroscopy.
Our neuroimaging section has brought a substantial number of innovations out of the research setting and into the clinical practice arena. Through early diagnosis and close collaboration of treatment options, our goal is to help provide high-level care for our patients and their physicians.
We offer neuroimaging at seven Wake Radiology outpatient offices and at all affiliated hospital locations.
Neuro Imaging Services
- MRI of the brain and spine
- MR angiography (MRA) of the head and neck
- CT of the brain and spine
- CT angiography (CTA) of the head and neck
- MRI and CT of the eyes, ears, sinuses, and skull base
- MRI and CT of the neck soft tissues
- MR spectroscopy
- Lumbar puncture
Common Neuro Indications
- Back pain
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Head and neck vascular disease
- Head and neck tumor imaging
- Sinus disease
- Loss of vision or visual disturbance
- Hearing loss or tinnitus
- Weakness, numbness, or tingling