Did you Know?
Wake Radiology is invested in our community.
Wake Radiology actively supports local and national organizations that help our community.
• American Cancer Society
• Komen Race for the Cure
• North Carolina Symphony
• Carolina Ballet
PACS Transitions to ProviderConnect this Spring
Provider Services powered by InteleConnect available this spring to the Wake Radiology provider community.
Wake Radiology has always been at the forefront in offering leading technology to our Providers. For this reason, we will soon transition from our current PACS to the next generation of report and image viewing application. As part of Wake Radiology’s provider services, radiology reports and image access will be powered by InteleConnect™.
Wake Radiology’s Provider Services powered by InteleConnect will offer even more! Here are some of the top key features:
- An intuitive zero-footprint viewer, for viewing studies of key 2D or 3D images, in any browser
- A full-featured, diagnostic quality viewer for Windows that can be launched straight from the tool
- Tailored worklists that automatically present only relevant patients and/or cases
- Simplified report management with pending notifications all presented in one view
- A streamlined experience on desktop, mobile or tablet devices, including a one-step installation
* All PACS users will continue to have access to the legacy system throughout the spring of 2016.
Creating an Account
Our liaisons and IT team will be working with the provider community throughout early 2016 to integrate the InteleConnect product. If you would like to have access to our Provider Services currently supported by PACS and soon to be InteleConnect, your physician liaison is happy to work with you. If you don’t know your physician liaison, please contact April White at 919-632-3318 . Otherwise, you are welcome to complete the following process:
- Before applying for a PACS account, please ensure your computer system meets our minimum requirements.
- To request a new account, complete our PACS Computer Security Agreement (HIPAA).
- Print the completed form, sign it and fax it back to 919-781-9792.
- Complete all information, including contact information (email and phone with voice mail), signatures and dates.
- Once we process your request, a Wake Radiology representative will contact you with your credentials.
Wake Radiology supports HIPAA requirements for Secure Access to Patient Information. Wake Radiology requires all providers and provider-staff to have a unique PACS account. The following criteria are for setting up a secure account:
- Email address must be unique to the user. It cannot be a general email address like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A user must login to the PACS/InteleConnect system with unique credentials which no other person has access.
Software Requirements & Guide
InteleConnect Requirements To access InteleConnect or to access the InteleConnect app, users need a desktop computer, laptop computer, or mobile device that meets the following recommended specifications for Windows OS:
- Internet connection.
- Minimum display size: 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Ability to play MP3 audio files in the browser.
- Email client or web-based email service configured to open web links in a recommended web browser.
- Web browser application:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Google Chrome
PACS Software Requirements for current PACS Users (not needed with InteleConnect)
- The PACS System Requirements should be provided to your IT point person. Initial use of the system installs some software and requires Administrator or Power User privileges on your computer. It is recommended that you coordinate the installation with your IT support personnel.
- The PACS User Guide covers everything from login to printing patient reports and reviewing images.
WakeRad’s Liaisons are Your Go-To Source
As with all the needs of our provider community, the Wake Radiology liaison team will assist you with the integration of PACS and InteleConnect this spring. Please contact your liaisons at 919-632-3318 to schedule a tutorial and workflow integration meeting.
Wake Radiology Help Desk
If you have any questions after the installation of PACS or InteleConnect, please contact our Help Desk at 919-788-7885 or via email with questions about system requirements.