Wake Radiology's support our community's star athletes.
Wake Radiology and MIX 101.5 Honor Our Star Athletes
Congratulations to our 2017 Athletes!
Apex Friendship Patriots Youth Football
Roxboro Christian Academy
Zebulon Middle School
Neuse Christian Academy
Cleveland High School
Farmingtonwoods Elementary Cary
East Wake Highschool
East Wake Academy
Chloe Alexis McFadden
Wake Forest High School
Clayton High School
Franklinton High School
Wendell Middle School
Middle Creek High School
Learn more through social using #WakeRadStarAthlete
Orthopedic & Sports Imaging
Wake Radiology’s team of orthopedic and sports imaging specialists are part of our winning team! They help our star athletes stay at their best. That’s why Wake Radiology supports the MIX 101.5 WRAL Star Athlete of the Week.
At Wake Radiology, we have an entire team of radiologists who specialize in the exact things that can end a sports season. Torn ligaments. Sprains and strains. Run-down joints. Broken bones. They’ve seen it all. Diagnosed it all. That kind of experience has star power.
Meet Our Team
Coming from the finest universities and teaching hospitals, our radiologists have been trained in the subtleties that come with orthopedic and sports related pains and injuries. Our team of sub-specialty trained musculoskeletal radiologists set the standard for orthopedic and sports imaging in the Triangle and beyond. They work closely with referring providers to help diagnosis the cause of joint pain, sports injuries, and back and spine issues. Our patients include arm-chair athletes and weekend warriors to professional hockey players, track stars, dancers, triathletes and football players. Regardless of your position on the dance floor, field, court or in life, we want our patients doing the things they enjoy pain free.
Top Technology and Locations
At Wake Radiology, we have invested in the most advanced tools and equipment that enable us to take high quality orthopedic and sports images. We use the latest CT, ultrasound, MRI, and bone densitometry (DXA) technologies available. All of our technologists have the highest certifications possible for collecting these types of body images. Our orthopedic and sports imaging services are available at eight locations throughout Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Wake Forest and Chapel Hill. Every day, our West Raleigh Musculoskeletal and Sports Imaging Services office is staffed by two subspecialty-trained radiologists and all ortho/sports cases are routed to this location for immediate interpretation. All Wake Radiology bone densitometry (DXA) exams are read by radiologists certified by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry. Wake Radiology is proud to be the only provider in the Triangle – and one of the first in the nation – to be certified by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) for bone density studies. This significant accomplishment is the highest certification offered by the ISCD.
MSK Exams and Services
Wake Radiology offers comprehensive orthopedic and sports imaging:
- Conventional radiography, CT and MRI of all joints
- Peripheral ultrasound with special attention to the shoulder
- Conventional, CT and MR arthrography of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
- Extremity joint injections for pain management (e.g. upper or lower extremities, spine, foot/ankle)
- Shoulder brisement for adhesive capsulitis
- Joint aspirations
- Ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration, and removal of bursal and tendon calcium deposits
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Traditional and caudal epidural injections (through sacral hiatus) for relief of sacrococcygeal, low back and sciatic pain. This procedure is performed at Wake Radiology Cary and Wake Radiology West Raleigh offices only.
Bone density studies
- All bone density exams (DXA) are read by radiologists who are certified by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
We’re Here When You Need Us
We invite you to talk wtih your referring provider about any pain and injuries that may be related to a sports injury or life’s wear-and-tears. And, if you and your provider determine imaging could help in achieving an accurate diagnosis, consider our West Raleigh office where we have dedicated orthopedic and sport imaging radiologists on staff every day.
Learn more about Orthopedic & Sports Imaging and affiliating information using Wake Radiology’s resources and online forms.
- How Imaging Technology Helps Diagnose & Treat Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Bone Density (DXA) Accuracy is Key to Osteoporosis Diagnosis
- Imaging’s Role Increases as Arthritis Diagnosis & Treatment Advances
- Aging Joints: Arthritis & Common Injuries
- Tackling Sports Injuries with a Team Approach
- Weekend Athletes: Specialty Treatments Will Get You Back in the Game
- Bone Basics: Bone Health & Osteoporosis
- WR Updates DXA (Bone Density) Service
- How Imaging Helps Alleviate Back Pain