COST-EFFECTIVE CAREQuality outcomes for quality of life.
Learn more about Vascular Radiology and affiliating information using Wake Radiology’s resources and online forms.
- Those Pesky Thyroid Nodules
- Vertebroplasty: New Hope for Osteoporosis Sufferers
- WR Excels with Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Vericocele Embolization is Safe Alternative to Surgical Treatment
- Get Relief from Back Pain
- A Lump in Your Throat: What You Need to Know About Thyroid Nodules
- Advanced Treatment for Varicose & Spider Veins
- Imaging & the Diagnosis of Thyroid Nodules
Wake Radiology Interventional Radiology
Wake Radiology interventional patients are all seen by board-certified Wake Radiology interventional physicians. Our outpatient IR location offers hands on services and consultations with experienced interventional radiologist. These interventional services include:
- Port catheter placement
- Thyroid biopsy and other superficial organ biopsy
- Venous Doppler for DVT and venous insufficiencies
- Fluid drainage, including paracentesis and thoracentesis
Interventional Consultations include:
- Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE)
- Balloon kyphoplasty
- Tumor therapy (RFA)
- Y-90 Liver radio-embolization
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Pelvic congestion syndrome (women)
- Vein Therapy
Meet Our Interventional Radiology Radiologists
Dr. Kwong is an interventional radiologist at Wake Radiology and has special clinical interest and certification to perform microsphere yttrium brachytherapy, vertebroplasty, Balloon Kyphoplasty, and percutaneous spinal interventions. View Full Biography »
Dr. Leuchtmann joined Wake Radiology in 2006. He was fellowship trained in cardiovascular/interventional radiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and in musculoskeletal radiology at University of North Carolina Hospitals. View Full Biography »
Dr. Overton joined Wake Radiology 15 years ago. Today, he leads the practice's Interventional Radiology services and is both a vein therapy and breast imaging specialist. View Full Biography »
Dr. Presson joined Wake Radiology in 2001. He is a vascular and interventional radiologist and a breast imaging radiologist with special clinical interests in arterial and venous interventions, vertebroplasty, hepatic brachytherapy, uterine fibroid embolization, neuroradiology, and mammography. View Full Biography »
Dr. Pretter joined our practice in 2000. He is a vascular and interventional radiologist and a breast imaging radiologist. He is also vice chairman of the Department of Radiology at WakeMed Raleigh Hospital. View Full Biography »
Dr. Wu joined Wake Radiology as an interventional radiologist in 1991. He was a fellow in interventional radiology at the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor. View Full Biography »
DID YOU KNOW?
Wake Radiology technologists have earned the highest certifications possible.