As the largest radiology practice in the region, we take pleasure in reducing our carbon footprint and doing our part to protect our fragile environment. Our physicians, technologists, and staff take great pride in working together to reduce, reuse, and recycle whenever possible. We continue to add to our growing list of ways that we can all pitch in to make a difference. We’d like to encourage you to do your part too! How We’re Doing It
- Recycle paper, plastics, and aluminum in bins at all medical offices.
- Turn off power and lights when not in use.
- Replace light bulbs with low-use fluorescent where possible.
- Recycle silver halides from discarded X-rays.
- Reduce X-ray film usage by converting most physicians to our online image archiving and communication viewing system.
- Save gas emissions by reducing our delivery routes 80% by faxing reports to referring physicians.
- Use recycled paper on most marketing materials and encourage recycling of all printed products.
- Reduce waste in treatment rooms by using launderable gowns instead of the popular paper gowns.
- Eliminate dark-rooms and the use of film developer chemicals.
Favorite Environmental Links Raleigh Metal Recycling http://www.raleighscrapmetalrecycling.com/?gclid=CMDI7Imu9J0CFSEFswodJEQBJw City of Raleigh – Recycling http://www.raleigh-nc.org/ Electronic Recycling – Triangle Recycling http://www.trianglerecycling.com/ Document Shredding and Recycling http://www.prrservices.com/ Global Recycling Network – Raleigh http://www.grn.com/trade/aa1133301.html