PREP & AFTER CAREWhat you need to know before and after a procedure at Wake Radiology.
Did You Know?
Wake Radiology Rises Above
✔ All images are read and interpreted by a board certified, subspecialty trained radiologist.
*Most local and regional radiology options have 20% compliance with these standards. Public Policy Polling, 2012.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Knowing what to expect during your medical imaging exam helps reduce anxiety and can improve the quality of the images we obtain. Our entire team strives to provide exceptional care, ensure your comfort and be mindful of your time. The following information is to help you prepare for your appointment and exam.
Pre-Register for Your Appointment Online
There are two ways to pre-register for your Wake Radiology appointment. Pre-registering helps us expedite your check-in when you arrive at our office.
- After your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email asking you to pre-register. The email will be from email@example.com and will include a “Register Now” button. Simply click that link and complete the registration process.
- Log into the Wake Radiology Patient Portal to register for your appointment. Our Patient Portal also provides access to exam prep and educational materials about your procedure.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please contact our Scheduling Team at 919-232-4700.
Reminders for your Appointment
Our Scheduling Team will remind you about your upcoming imaging appointment. This is an opportunity for you to confirm your appointment and for us to answer any questions you have.
- Two days before your exam, we will call you to confirm your appointment time, office location, exam type and to discuss any needed preparation. If you have not already confirmed via email or text, you will be contacted four days prior to your exam if your appointment is on a Monday.
- We will send an email confirmation 48-72 hours before your appointment.
- If you requested it, we will send a reminder text message about 36 hours prior to your appointment.
Your Trusted Physician
We’re proud of the trust referring physicians have placed in our practice for 65 years. Knowing that subspecialty trained radiologists will interpret your images is one of the main reasons local providers refer patients to Wake Radiology. Third-party companies, often working on behalf of insurance companies, do attempt to steer patients to other imaging practices for a variety of reasons. If you are contacted from one of these company, check with your physician before changing your appointment. We believe it’s important to both trust your referring provider’s recommendation and to know more about steerage in our area.
Prepare for Your Appointment
If you have questions about your imaging exam, contact our Scheduling Team at 919-232-4700. They can explain all the necessary preparations, including the check-in time for your exam. The doctor who referred you to Wake Radiology is also a good resource for any questions you have.