We are seeking a data professional to help implement and provide ongoing support for WakeRad UNC REX clinical processes and applications, include testing, training, and troubleshooting. This individual is responsible for designing workflows and configuring systems to maximize patient safe, quality of care and productivity for our radiologists, technologists and staff.
Principals Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs analysis of workflows and interactions with computerized systems
- Documents current workflows using appropriate methodologies
- Designs and proposes new or improved workflows
- Works with users and management to review workflow and proposed changes
- Trains and implements new or changed workflows
Vendor-Provided Systems Analysis
- Maintains in-depth understanding of vendor-provided systems
- Assists in evaluating new releases & functionality and developing workflows
- Configures vendor-provided systems to conform to workflows
New System and Upgrade Testing
- Develops test plans, test cases, predicted results and test scripts.
- Identifies resources needed for testing & assist in making the resources available.
- Performs and supervises testing operations and evaluates results.
- Develops clinical systems training curriculums for new implementations, upgrades and new hires/transfers.
- Manages logistics of scheduling classes and student sign-up.
- Performs and supervises training sessions.
Help Desk and On-Call support
- Act as 2nd level support for defined help desk calls
- Work with IT Operations to define Help Desk personnel training requirements to support clinical applications for both internal and external users.
- Provide after hours support for clinical workflow.
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to meet and perform quality control checks and maintain quality control logs and service records for the department.
- Ability to create patient charts and print images from the computerized system.
- Thorough understanding of the equipment and procedures, and proper practices for equipment use.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and ensure safety of all staff members and patients at all times.
- Maintains professional relationship with patients and co-workers at all times.
Education and Experience
- 2-4 years experience in healthcare IT, Radiology a plus.
- 0-3 years analytical experience supporting clinical applications in a multi-modality environment is desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment essential.
- Customer service attitude a must.
- Must handle tasks in a concise manner.
Working Environment and Schedule
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Work schedule is whatever is necessary to perform the job and may include some evenings and weekends on an as needed basis.
- 24 X 7 call is on rotating basis with other members of the team.
Physical Demands and Activities
- Computer activity, keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.