Our Electronic Image Specialist will help ensure that all patient and provider electronic records are shared and retrieved in a seamless fashion. This professional will work with both our IT and service teams to ensure established turnaround times are met.
- Routinely checks hospital-wide PACS monitors to ensure that studies are flowing from the acquisition modalities and are properly routed to the review stations to assure a clinical continuity of service.
- Retrieves and/or creates patients’ electronic records.
- Accesses reports and other patient or exam data via the RIS, PACS and related software systems.
- Communicates reports and/or image data to the appropriate physician’s office in a timely manner.
- Prepares and packages images via PACS, film, and/or CD’s for distribution and delivery to physicians’ offices or patients utilizing proper Quality Assurance measures.
- Helps monitor various software platforms to ensure exam completion while monitoring exceptions and following through to ensure report/image/medical information arrives at it’s intended end point
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and documents unread studies log, exam problems, and service calls in order to meet established turnaround times of exam availability.
- Assists the radiologist, other physicians and staff in the execution of their duties by acting as a resource person for timely, effective use of services, both in electronic and manual modalities.
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Performs additional medical or file room functions as necessary
- High-School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred
- 2 or more years healthcare/Radiology experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Prior PACS or RIS experience preferred