Multiple Offices / Western Wake
We are seeking a certified mammography technologist to perform patient diagnostic and screening mammography procedures in our diagnostic imaging centers. This technologist will serve multiple offices, including those in Cary, Fuquay-Varnia, Holly Springs and Raleigh. This healthcare professional must follow all safety protocols and provide assistance to our radiologists and referring providers.
Major Position Functions
- Interview patient to explain procedures and to request important patient medical information which could limit the procedure.
- Position patients on examining table in adherence with protocols.
- Communicate to the patient throughout the procedure to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Keys commands to specify films and download of images into the computer, if needed.
- Views films/ images of area being scanned to ensure quality of images.
- Responsible for properly printing, labeling and displaying images for the Radiologist to view.
- Accompany Radiologist when speaking with patients and assist Radiologist when needed.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as re-prioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of WakeRad UNC REX(education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices without constant direct supervision.
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to meet and perform quality control checks and maintain quality control logs and service records for the department.
- Ability to create patient charts and print images from the computerized system.
- Thorough understanding of the equipment and procedures, and proper practices for equipment use.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and ensure safety of all staff members and patients at all times.
- Maintains professional relationship with patients and co-workers at all times.
Personal Skills and Aptitudes
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Identify yourself in a pleasant and positive manner.
- Take responsibility for helping the client throughout the procedure.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new ultrasound technologist.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Assist other team members in the performance of their assignments, seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Consider the impact of your actions on team members throughout WakeRad UNC REX.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
- Record/report the need for service maintenance or repair of equipment and remove any faulty equipment from service.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Physical Demands and Activities
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting.
- Intermittent ability to lift and/or move pediatric and adult patients including, heavy, acute and chronically ill.
- Intermittent ability to move and/or push stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Frequent repetitive wrist and hand motion and manipulation of fine motor skills
- Ability to stoop, bend and maintain stationary positions for extended periods of time. Ability to move arms above head.
- Ability to move, push or lift heavy equipment.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- Incumbent may be required to work at other WakeRad UNC REX locations as needed and will be responsible for own transportation.
- Associate or two-year degree in radiography
- Current ARRT registration and current mammography registration
- Applicant will be required to complete CPR training or present current active CPR certificate
- Applicant will be required to complete OSHA training as designated by employer
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, walk and crouch.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Proficiency with most major equipment hardware and software.