Fuquay Varina and Holly Springs
We’re seeking a medical sonographer to perform patient ultrasound procedures in our Fuquay Varina and Holly Springs diagnostic imaging centers. This healthcare professional must have a ARDM registration and be able to adhere to the practice’s safety protocols.
Major Position Functions
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Interview patient to explain ultrasound procedures and to request important patient medical information which could limit the procedure.
- Position patients on examining bed in adherence with protocols.
- Enters patient data, anatomical area to be scanned, into the computer.
- Communicate to the patient throughout the procedure to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Keys commands to specify scans, measurements, and download of images into the computer.
- Views images of area being scanned on computer screen to ensure quality of images.
- Responsible for properly printing, labeling and displaying images for the Radiologist to view.
- Accompany Radiologist when speaking with patients and assist Radiologist when needed.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of Wake Radiology (education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices without constant direct supervision.
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to meet and perform quality control checks and maintain quality control logs and service records for the department.
- Ability to create patient charts and print images from the computerized system.
- Through understanding of the equipment and procedures, and proper practices for equipment use.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and ensure safety of all staff members and patients at all times.
- Maintains professional relationship with patients and co-workers at all times.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
- Record/report the need for service maintenance or repair of equipment and remove any faulty equipment from service.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Physical Demands and Activities
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting.
- Intermittent ability to lift and/or move pediatric and adult patients including, heavy, acute and chronically ill.
- Intermittent ability to move and/or push stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Frequent repetitive wrist and hand motion and manipulation of fine motor skills
- Ability to stoop, bend and maintain stationary positions for extended periods of time. Ability to move arms above head.
- Ability to move, push or lift heavy equipment.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation
- Associate or two-year degree in radiography and certificate in ultrasound or medical sonographer program
- Current ARDM registration
- Current CPR certificate and ability to complete OSHA training
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Ability to communicate with patients and co-workers
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, walk and crouch
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs
- Proficiency with most major ultrasound equipment hardware and software