Multiple Offices / Western Wake
Our Patient Services Representatives provide administrative, clerical and receptionist support in each of the offices. They greet patients and support our clinical staff at our outpatient offices. Their personality, plus communication and organization skills, helps our offices run smoothly. This position will move between our covering Garner, Fuquay Varina, Cary and West Cary offices.
- General clerical assistance to the medical staff in the outpatient offices
- Primary contact for receiving phone calls and greet patients as they arrive in the office.
- Primary contact for patient questions,
- Primary contact for registering walk-in patients
- Receives and distribute patient paperwork to conduct the patient interview.
- Receives, files and coordinates all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered verify insurance information.
- Process and enter outside account information into internal computer system, process mail incoming and outgoing.
- Prepare the next day’s schedule, including reminder calls to the patients and making copies of the schedule.
- Ensure all authorizations are ready for the next day.
- Contact patients that have collection balances outstanding to ensure payment arrangements.
- Assists with other functions as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Through understanding of the office procedures, and proper understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and ensure safety of all patients at all times.
- Maintains professional relationship with patients and co-workers at all times.
- Through understanding of patient account information and insurance verification.
Personal Skills and Aptitudes
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Identify yourself in a pleasant and positive manner.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new secretaries
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Assist other team members in the performance of their assignments, seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Consider the impact of your actions on team members throughout Wake Radiology.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
Physical Demands and Activities
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting.
- Intermittent ability to lift and/or move pediatric and adult patients including, heavy, acute and chronically ill.
- Intermittent ability to move and/or push stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Ability to stoop, bend and maintain stationary positions for extended periods of time.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation
- High-School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred
- 2 or more years healthcare/Radiology experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Prior PACS or RIS experience preferred