We are seeking a patient services representative to provide administrative, clerical and receptionist support in our Wakefield office.
Major Position Functions
- General clerical assistance to the medical staff in the outpatient offices
- Primary contact for receiving phone calls and greet patients as they arrive in the office.
- Primary contact for patient questions,
- Primary contact for registering walk-in patients
- Receives and distribute patient paperwork to conduct the patient interview.
- Receives, files and coordinates all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered verify insurance information.
- Process and enter outside account information into internal computer system, process mail incoming and outgoing.
- Prepare the next day’s schedule, including reminder calls to the patients and making copies of the schedule.
- Ensure all authorizations are ready for the next day.
- Contact patients that have collection balances outstanding to ensure payment arrangements.
- Assists with other functions as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Through understanding of the office procedures, and proper understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and ensure safety of all patients at all times.
- Maintains professional relationship with patients and co-workers at all times.
- Through understanding of patient account information and insurance verification.
Personal Skills and Aptitudes
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Identify yourself in a pleasant and positive manner.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new secretaries
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Assist other team members in the performance of their assignments, seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Consider the impact of your actions on team members throughout Wake Rad UNC REX.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
Physical Demands and Activities
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting.
- Intermittent ability to lift and/or move pediatric and adult patients including, heavy, acute and chronically ill.
- Intermittent ability to move and/or push stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Ability to stoop, bend and maintain stationary positions for extended periods of time.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment
- Incumbent may be required to work at other WakeRad UNC REX locations as needed and will be responsible for own transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years medical office experience is required. Prior radiology experience is helpful.
- Ability to work with a variety of patients.
- Computer knowledge and ability to type required.