Cary - Diagnostic Imaging
Wake Radiology Cary
Wake Radiology offers full-service diagnostic imaging services from our accredited office in the Medical Park on Ashville Avenue.
- Bone Densitometry (DXA). A non-invasive, accurate and inexpensive low-dose imaging test to detect osteoporosis. It can estimate the risk of fracture and measures multiple sites of the body to help recommend appropriate treatments.
- CT scans. Combines special x-ray equipment with sophisticated computers to produce multiple cross sectional images or pictures of the inside of the body. This imaging technique is very sensitive and provides great clarity when studying internal organs, bone, soft tissue, and blood vessels, and reveals more details than regular X-ray exams.
- Nuclear Medicine. This procedure uses radioisotopes to detect and diagnose disease stages and organ function in bones, livers, thyroids, kidneys, chests, abdomens. Previously only available in hospitals, Wake Radiology offers this service in an outpatient setting.
- Ultrasound. This non-invasive procedure helps physicians diagnose many medical conditions. Through the use of sound waves, not radiation, ultrasound images can show the structure of major organs or flow through blood vessels.
- X-Ray. Diagnostic X-rays are useful in detecting abnormalities within the body. They are a painless, non-invasive way to help diagnose broken bones, tumors, pneumonia, and the presence of foreign bodies.
To schedule or ask questions about your appointment, contact our scheduling team at 919-232-4700.