Our Quality Standards
Quality imaging is at the heart of what we do. We are constantly vigilant to uphold the strict image, technology, education and quality standards required by the FDA, the American College of Radiology (ACR) and our own practice.
All WakeRad UNC REX outpatient breast imaging offices are FDA certified. We participate in annual reviews by federal inspectors who evaluate our imaging equipment, verify the credentials and training of our technologists and radiologists, and perform random quality control checks on images. Our FDA certification also proves that all of our offices meet expectations outlined in the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
WakeRad UNC REX is proud to have also received the highest ACR accreditations possible for imaging in the United States. We are proud to have been continuously certified by the FDA and accredited by the ACR since the accreditations became mandatory in the early 1990s.
Earning these designations signifies that our practice is among the best in the specialty and demonstrates the quality and range of radiology exams we perform. To maintain our accreditation, we must pass inspection for these standards every three years.
- All WakeRad UNC REX facilities are accredited by the ACR, the leading accrediting body for imaging providers.
- WakeRad UNC REX has been certified by the ACR for the following imaging studies:
- Breast MRI
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Breast ultrasound
- Nuclear medicine
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- WakeRad UNC REX is first outpatient provider in the Triangle to earn the ACR’s prestigious Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation. This goes beyond certification in mammography alone.
WakeRad UNC REX is also the only provider in the Triangle to be certified by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) for bone density studies.