Your Privacy. Our Priority.
Thank you for visiting this website, a digital service presented to you by Wake Radiology (“Wake Radiology”, “we” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. On this page, you’ll find access to two documents that outline how we protect your privacy. Please read each carefully.
This document describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. Click here to print a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Wake Radiology’s Legal Duties
Wake Radiology is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information (“PHI”), provide you with a copy of this Notice, and abide by the terms of this Notice currently in effect. Wake Radiology reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice, and the changes will apply to all PHI that we maintain. Revised versions of this Notice will be posted on our website, in our facilities, and made available to you upon request. In addition, we will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your PHI.
Uses and Disclosures of Health Information
Wake Radiology uses and discloses your PHI for treatment, obtaining payment for treatment, and conducting its healthcare operations. For example, Wake Radiology will use your medical information to perform requested diagnostic or treatment services and provide your treating physician with a radiology report. We may use your PHI to contact you to provide appointment reminders. We may share your medical information with your insurance company, our billing department and collection agencies. We may use your PHI to perform quality assurance and arrange for accreditation organizations to evaluate our practice.
Wake Radiology may also use or disclose your PHI without authorization for public health purposes, for auditing purposes, for emergencies, and to avoid a serious threat to your health and safety or that of another person. We also provide PHI when permitted or required by law. This includes disclosures for workers’ compensation claims, for law enforcement purposes, with health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law, and for special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services. We may also disclose your PHI in response to a court or administrative order. Uses and disclosures of PHI for marketing purposes and disclosures that constitute a sale of PHI will not be made without your authorization.
We may also disclose your PHI to a family member, friend, or any other person who is involved in your care or payment for care, unless you object. In this case, you have the right and choice to tell us to share PHI with your family, friends, or others involved in your care. If you are not able to tell us your preference, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest.
Other uses and disclosures not described in this Notice will be made only with authorization from you. If you provide us with a written authorization to release your information for any reason, you may later revoke that authorization at any time to stop future disclosures by contacting the Privacy Officer listed below. Your revocation of an authorization may not apply to any uses or disclosures of your information already made in reliance on the authorization.
Patient’s Individual Rights
You have the right to request to inspect or obtain a copy of your PHI. Copies of your PHI will be provided to you within two weeks. You have the right to ask us to correct any PHI that you think is incorrect or incomplete. You also have the right to ask us for a list (accounting) of the times we have shared your PHI during the past six years prior to the date of your request. We will include all disclosures, except those for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). Such requests must be in writing.
You have the right to reasonably request to receive confidential communications of PHI by alternative means or at alternative locations. You may also request in writing that we not use or disclose your PHI for treatment, payment and administrative purposes except when specifically authorized by you, when required by law or in emergency circumstances. Wake Radiology will consider all requests on a case-by-case basis, but the practice is not legally required to accept them. Such requests must be in writing.
You have the right to request a restriction on certain disclosures to your health plan if the disclosure is purely for carrying out payment or health care operations and the requested restriction is for services paid out-of-pocket in full. We will comply with such a request, unless a law requires us to share that information.
You have the right to receive a paper copy of this Notice (even if you have agreed to receive an electronic version). You can click here for a printable PDF of the Wake Radiology Notice of Privacy Practices or get a copy from the facility where you obtained treatment.
Concerns and Complaints
You have the right to file a complaint if you feel we have violated your privacy rights and may do so by contacting our practice Privacy Officer listed below. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint. For further information on Wake Radiology’s privacy practices, please contact the following person:
Amy Patton, Privacy Officer
Wake Radiology UNC REX Healthcare
3949 Browning Place, Raleigh, NC 27609
Effective Date: 04/14/2003, Revised Dates 07/11/2013; 08/03/2015; 12/09/2016
The Information We Collect
- Other Information You Provide To Us. At some Services, you can register, obtain services, enter event contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, request an appointment, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we may collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We collect this information in order to provide you with the communications, products, or other information you request.At some Services, you may also be able to submit Information about other people. For example, you may want to notify or share certain information with others. This Information may include, for instance, a recipient’s name, address, or e-mail address. We will not store such information or use it other than to fulfill your request.
- Information Automatically Collected. We may use automated means such as cookies, web beacons, or other technology to collect various types of Information about your use of the Services, your computer or other device used to access our Services. This Information does not identify you as an individual. Please see our Section titled Online Tracking and Analytics Tools for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.Please note that if certain features on our website are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of our Services or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to the privacy policies and notices of those third parties.
- Geo-location Information. If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our services. If you agree to such collection, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
How We Use the Information
We may use the Information to:
- provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
- fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- respond to your inquiries, and notify you if you have won a contest,
- communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- conduct internal data analysis and related activities to enhance the Services,
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- provide technical support for the Services,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
- protect the security and integrity of the Services,
- customize or personalize offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Services
- perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof to improve our online communications and services, and
- send gifts, cards, invitations or emails (if you use these services), to your designated recipients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose Information as follows:
- To trusted service providers we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that conduct research and analytics, create content, provide customer, technical or operational support, or otherwise support our Services.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
- With third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Services, or violations of our policies, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services.
- We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
- Access and Amendment. Access to certain Information that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. You may send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your Information. Please include your registration information for such Service such as first name, last name, and e-mail address in the request. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.Marketing DirectorWake Radiology UNC REX Healthcare3949 Browning Place, Raleigh, NC 27609email: email@example.com
- Opting Out of Marketing Communications. If you would like to opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may contact our Marketing Director at the above address at any time. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account. You may also follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing e-mail you receive from the Services.
Other Important Information about Your Privacy
- Linked Services. Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- Data Security. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect from the Services. For example, we restrict access to Information to only those persons who have a legitimate business need. Any such authorized users are trained on appropriate uses and safeguards for the Information and are issued unique user IDs and passwords.
Updates & Effective Date
Questions and Contact