Managed Care and Insurance
WakeRad UNC REX Healthcare is a participating provider for most major managed care insurance plans. We provide imaging services and file claims on behalf of all patients, including those with out-of-network insurance plans where a higher cost share may apply. For questions about our managed care contracts, please contact our business office.
Today, the majority of insurance plans pass a portion of their cost of care to patients, in the form of a deductible and/or co-insurance.
For patients whose plans are not within our managed care network, we can still provide imaging services as well as file claims on their behalf. It’s important to note that most of these insurance plans do have out-of-network benefits that cover WakeRad UNC REX imaging fees. However, these out-of-network services may result in a higher cost share to the patient.
We recommend patients talk with their insurance carrier about our network status and their anticipated cost of care with us. Patients may be able to reduce their net out-of-pocket cost by using WakeRad REX’s prompt-pay discount. This allows patients to pay at the time-of-service and receive reimbursement once their insurance carrier pays the claim.
- Financial assistance. Wake Radiology recognizes that some patients do not have insurance and/or require financial assistance. We offer interest-free payment plans to ease their cash flow burden or prompt payment discounts to lower their out-of-pocket costs.
Wake Radiology Outpatient Imaging: Managed Care List
Note: Patients are responsible for verifying medical benefits with their insurance carrier prior to receiving service. Download our managed care list.
Managed Care Plans
- Aetna / Aetna Conventry: Not part of the Duke Select and Duke Basic Network. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits.
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) including but not limited to: Blue Advantage, Blue Care, Blue Options, Blue Select, Blue Value/Blue Value with UNC HA, Classic Blue and North Carolina State Health Plan, BCBS Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BlueCross BlueShield in state, outside of North Carolina
- Cigna Health Care / GWH-Cigna: Not part of the Cigna Connect Network. Members in this network do not have out-of-network benefits.
- United Healthcare –
- All Savers
- Community Plan
- Neighborhood Health Partnership
- OneNet PPO
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare Services Company of the River Valley
Non-Payor Network Programs & PPOS
- Healthgram (formerly Primary PhysicianCare)
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
Military / Government Plans
- Tricare (non-Prime plans): Non-network participating provider.
- Tricare Prime: Non-network participating provider. Member is responsible for obtaining prime referral to reduce their out-of-pocket expense.
- Tricare for Life (secondary to Medicare): Non-network participating provider.
- Veteran Administration (VA): Proper VA referral required.
- Medicaid of North Carolina
- Medicare Part B
Medicare Part B Supplement Plans
- All Medicare Part B supplements
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage / Replacement)
- All Private Fee for Service (PFFS) plans accepted
- Aetna Medicare Advantage: Not part of the Prime HMO and QHP networks. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits.
- Blue Medicare
- First Carolina Care Insurance Company: First Medicare Direct Smart HMO & Preferred Plus, including Alignment Health
- Humana Medicare: HMO / PPO, including Alignment Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Solutions