Managed Care and Insurance Information
Wake Radiology is a participating provider for most major managed care insurance plans. We provide imaging services and file claims on behalf of all patients, including those with out-of-network insurance plans where a higher cost share may apply. For questions about our managed care contracts, please contact our business office.
- Wake Radiology is an in-network provider with United Healthcare. Wake Radiology accepts and files United Healthcare and UHC Medicare replacement plan for patients as an in-network provider. Our UHC contract allows us to extend our commitment to excellence in medical imaging throughout the region.
- Wake Radiology accepts TRICARE military coverage for all clinical services. We accept and file TRICARE plans – both primary and secondary – for all radiology services.
- Wake Radiology accepts workers’ compensation cases and files claims to all carriers. We accept workers’ compensation cases, file claims to all carriers and honor the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC) fee schedule for workers’ compensation. Although we do not participate with workers’ compensation brokering/third-party networks (e.g., OneCall Medical, Corvel and DiaTri), most workers’ compensation insurance carriers authorize imaging services when Wake Radiology is a referring provider’s preference. Of note, we interact with workers’ compensation carriers to confirm NCIC rates and obtain authorization for service.
- Financial assistance. Wake Radiology recognizes that some patients do not have insurance and/or require financial assistance. We offer interest-free payment plans to ease their cash flow burden or prompt payment discounts to lower their out-of-pocket costs.
Wake Radiology Outpatient Imaging: Managed Care List
Note: Patients are responsible for verifying medical benefits with their insurance carrier prior to receiving service. Download our managed care list.
Managed Care Plans
- Aetna / Aetna Conventry: Not part of the Duke Select and Duke Basic Network. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits.
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) including but not limited to: Blue Advantage, Blue Care, Blue Options, Blue Select, Blue Value/Blue Value with UNC HA, Classic Blue and North Carolina State Health Plan
- BlueCross BlueShield in state, outside of North Carolina
- Cigna Health Care / GWH-Cigna: Not part of the Cigna Connect network. Members in this network do not have out-of-network- benefits.
- United Healthcare –
- All Savers
- Community Plan
- Neighborhood Health Partnership
- OneNet PPO
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare Services Company of the River Valley
Non-Payor Network Programs & PPOS
- Healthgram (formerly Primary PhysicianCare)
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
Military / Government Plans
- Tricare (non-Prime plans): Non-network participating provider.
- Tricare Prime: Non-network participating provider. Member is responsible for obtaining prime referral to reduce their out-of-pocket expense.
- Tricare for Life (secondary to Medicare): Non-network participating provider.
- Veteran Administration (VA): Proper VA referral required.
- Medicaid of North Carolina
- Medicare Part B
Medicare Part B Supplement Plans
- All Medicare Part B supplements
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage / Replacement)
- All Private Fee for Service (PFFS) plans accepted
- Aetna Medicare Advantage: Not part of the Prime HMO and QHP networks. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits.
- Blue Medicare
- First Carolina Care Insurance Company: First Medicare Direct Smart HMO & Preferred Plus, including Alignment Health
- Humana Medicare: HMO / PPO, including Alignment Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Solutions