Wake Radiology UNC Rex is updating our mask policy for patients and visitors. We will transition from “Masks Required” to “Masks Encouraged” for patients and visitors with the following exceptions:
- Patients and visitors who have symptoms of respiratory illnesses must wear a mask.
- Certain locations may require masks based on their specific patient populations and patient care needs (e.g., immunocompromised patients or teammates, etc.).
This change is consistent with current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and falling infection rates in our communities across North Carolina.
This policy may continue to evolve as we monitor the data related to community transmission levels and workforce needs.
Thank you for your continued support to keep our patients, visitors and teammates safe! If you have any questions about how to prepare for your radiology exam, please call our Scheduling Team at 919-232-4700.
What to know about the COVID-19 vaccine and your screening mammogram. Please schedule your screening mammogram either before your COVID vaccine or booster or four-six weeks after your shot. The COVID-19 vaccine can cause temporary swelling or enlargement of lymph nodes near the breast and under the arm pit. If this doesn’t go away after the vaccine, contact your primary care doctor.
- Read more about COVID vaccines and screening mammograms.
- If you have a question about your screening mammogram or need to adjust your appointment, please contact our Scheduling Team at 919-232-4700.
Our Safety Measures
Every day, we work diligently to maintain clean, safe imaging offices for both our patients and staff. We routinely care for sick patients and those with fragile immune systems and are accustomed to working in an environment hyper–aware of professional hygiene and disease prevention.
- We sanitize all registration iPads and imaging equipment between each patient.
- Common surfaces like door handles and bathrooms are disinfected throughout the day.
- Our offices are deep cleaned every night.
- All of our cloth gowns and linens are professionally cleaned off-site.
- All of our outpatient imaging offices are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Our mammography offices are both certified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and accredited by the ACR. The quality of our images, as well as the protocols we follow for calibration, cleanliness and safety, allows us to earn and maintain this exceptional standard of care.