Join Our Team
Wake Radiology UNC REX is the Triangle leader in quality outpatient imaging and the area’s preferred radiology partner. We’ve worked hard to earn this reputation and have a strong, collective commitment to maintain it. As a physician-owned practice, our doctors are at the core of our quality and our team.
A Proud History of Bringing Advanced Radiology to the Triangle
Founded in 1953, we’re proud to be the oldest and largest outpatient imaging provider in the greater Triangle. From the first catheter angiography in the 1960s to the first outpatient MRI office in the 1990s, our practice has been at the forefront of bringing radiology services to local healthcare professionals and patients. Our experienced, physician-led management team and radiologists have always pushed for advanced technology, modern equipment and unmatched access to radiology services. This unwavering commitment remains in place as we actively embrace some of today’s new imaging tools.
Proud to be the first outpatient imaging practice to bring advanced radiology services to the Triangle.
3D mammograms at all of our outpatient breast imaging centers
Advanced 3T MRI technology providing high resolution imaging and an enhanced patient experience
Advanced DXA scans with Trabecular Bone Score to improve fracture risk management
Artificial intelligence tool with all of our 3D screening mammograms
We believe the gold standard in radiology care is based on subspecialty leadership. That’s why our sections are organized by expertise and training and managed by a peer-selected director. This structure helps us focus on rigorous quality and safety standards and guide efforts around new technologies, advanced training and equipment upgrades. It also works to build relationships among our team that reflect our trust and respect for each other. Our retention rates show our respect for each other and our collective commitment to our medical community and outstanding patient care.
- 77% of our radiologists have been with the practice for 10+ years
- 66% of our certified technologists have been with the practice for 5+ years
- 66% of our administrative and support teams have been with the practice for 5+ years and of that group, 25% have been with the practice for more than 20 years
Our practice has nearly 400 employees including 50+ subspecialty trained radiologists, a growing team of physician assistants and certified technologists. We also have dedicated, in-house support from experienced teams including scheduling, billing, accounting, IT, marketing, physician outreach and practice management.
Since 1961, our doctors and team have proudly provided 24/7 inpatient radiology services to hospital partners throughout the greater Triangle. Today, we have a joint venture with UNC REX Healthcare and reading relationships with all local UNC REX Hospitals. We also support inpatient and emergency radiology at several other local healthcare systems. Our referral base is strong and growing with patients coming from more than 1,250 Triangle practices.
We’re leaders in innovation and make investments in new technology, equipment and our team. We’re constantly working together to improve experiences for our patients – from easy appointment scheduling to online report access – and for our referring providers by improving quick access to reports, images and clinical decision support. Similarly, we seek out tools that help our radiologists and team be more efficient, effective and productive. Our in-house IT team if focused on tools that maximize productivity, streamline communications and improve connectivity.
We’re proud to be certified and accredited by our industry’s most rigorous professional organization.
We’re constantly seeking trained, experienced healthcare professionals who are committed to excellence in outpatient imaging. The healthcare marketplace is competitive and we offer competitive packages to attract and maintain top talent
- Medical and dental insurance, including prescription coverage
- Group life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Accrued paid time off for full-time employees
- Profit sharing and 401K plans
- Professional liability coverage
We offer schedule flexibility and are constantly exploring and evaluating ways to improve job satisfaction, reduce burnout and leverage technology and tools. Work without play doesn’t serve our doctors or their families. We encourage our team to get involved and connect in their communities. It’s part of how we take care of each other.
The Triangle is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live and work. That doesn’t just mean Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Communities outside these main cities offer slower, small-town charms with easy access to our growing metropolitan area.
- The Triangle is known for world-class healthcare with two of the nation’s top medical teaching and research hospitals at UNC Chapel Hill and Duke.
- It’s the center of the college basketball universe with the UNC Tar Heels and Duke Blue Devils just 10 miles apart.
- The Triangle has hundreds of parks and greenways that connect many of its towns together, including the American
Tobacco Trail, Neuse River Trial and East Coast Greenway.
- It’s home to the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes, USA Baseball and North Carolina FC, our professional soccer team.
- It has strong art and theater options with the Carolina Ballet, NC Symphony, NC Museum of Art, Durham Performing Arts Center and countless local art and performance spaces.
- Big name artists and bands routinely play the Red Hat Amphitheater in downtown Raleigh or the Coastal Credit
Union Music Park at Walnut Creek.