Local Outpatient Imaging Practice Expands Expertise with Subspecialty Trained Physicians
RALEIGH, July 25, 2016 — Wake Radiology, the Triangle’s leading provider of outpatient medical imaging, announced today the addition of four new radiologists to their board certified team.
The physicians are in line with the practice’s commitment to providing subspecialty radiology services as all of the new doctors have completed residency and fellowship studies in a specialized area of radiology.
“We’re excited to add these four doctors to our team as they each bring new expertise and breadth of knowledge to the community ” said Dr. Lyndon Jordan, President and Managing Partner at Wake Radiology. “These new radiologists have trained at some of the finest universities and teaching hospitals in the country. We’re extremely pleased to have them here serving our patients throughout the greater Raleigh area.”
Full biographies for each of the new radiologists are available at WakeRad.com:
James Barnwell, MD, Body Imaging Radiologist
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC
- Residency in diagnostic imaging at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO
- Fellowship in body MRI at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis, MO
Nicholas Monu, MD, Body Imaging Radiologist and Emergency Department Radiologist
- Graduated from Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School in Providence, RI
- Residency in diagnostic imaging at Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, RI
- Fellowship in abdominal imaging at University of California San Francisco
John Nazarian, MD, Neuroradiologist and Emergency Department Radiologist
- Graduated from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL
- Residency in diagnostic imaging at the University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship in neuroradiology at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University in St. Louis, MO
William Pechter, MD, Vascular and Interventional Radiologist
- Graduated from University of South Florida in Tampa
- Residency in diagnostic imaging also at Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fellowship in interventional radiology also at Yale University in New Haven, CT
All Wake Radiology physicians are individually board certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). The newest four doctors are candidates in the process of ABR certification in diagnostic radiology. In addition to their fellowship training, many radiologists at Wake Radiology also hold a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) with the ABR. All Wake Radiology physicians voluntarily participate in the ABR’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
To learn more about our physicians and Wake Radiology, visit www.WakeRad.com. To follow the practice on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, click the icon in the footer of the website.
About Wake Radiology
Founded in 1953, Wake Radiology is the Triangle’s leading provider of outpatient medical imaging. Its physicians have been trained as experts in specific imaging specialties – ranging from breast cancer detection and pediatrics to sports medicine and neuroradiology (brain and spine) – to accurately diagnose healthcare issues. Another hallmark of Wake Radiology is its commitment to low-dose imaging and the elimination of unnecessary or duplicate exams. This approach strives to improve patient outcomes and reduces the overall cost of healthcare. Wake Radiology is the region’s largest outpatient imaging practice with nearly 50 radiologists who perform close to 600,000 procedures each year. It has outpatient locations throughout the Triangle and provides imaging services at several area hospitals, including WakeMed Health and Hospitals and Maria Parham Medical Center. It is the first outpatient imaging provider in the area to earn the American College of Radiology’s prestigious Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation. Wake Radiology is an independent, locally owned and physician-led practice that actively supports the local community. Learn more at www.wakerad.com.
For more information, contact Robert Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-810-1901.